Surely you are one of the many European citizens looking for a residence in Spain already completed, and perhaps you have found that most of the sale is off-plan. In recent years, this type of sale has grown, and as developers, we know that it is a risky purchase for the client. If you are thinking about buying a new home, here are some small tips to make your purchase safer:
- Learn about the house construction. An advice about the purchase off-plan is to ask for the building license from the developer, check that the property can be built on those lands, and that there will be no changes of unexpected projects.
- Any amount you deliver before the home is built, you must demand the guarantee or insurance that guarantees the return of the amounts delivered.
- Pay attention to any private agreement. Always you have to review the contract so that both parties agree with the clauses that are expressed. For example, there are developers that require the mortgage to be contracted with the entity that the developer has their loans, such clauses are abusive and void.
- As a buyer, you have the right to certain information, such as the plans of your future home, the exact location within the project, the usable area, the quality report, the price, the payment method and the date of delivery of the house.
- When buying off-plan, developers usually allow certain modifications to be made in the home. For example, in our homes, the client is totally free to choose tiles, colors, floor…
- Before signing the deed, you must check that the house has, or the license of first occupation, or in its absence, the document of responsible declaration, to avoid unexpected events when moving to your new home.
We hope these little tips will help you and remember that if you need more information just write to email@example.com, and we will be happy to answer all your questions about our homes.